Penn’s Village helps Central Philadelphia seniors stay in their homes by linking neighbor to neighbor to help with transportation, chores, and medical visits, and provides social and educational programs. To learn more visit www.pennsvillage.org or call 215-925-7333.
Penn’s Village is inviting CCRA members who may not be Penn’s Village members to attend the following programs:
- Keeping Up with Evolving Technology, a two event program, May 23, 2018, in the MacColl Room of the First Presbyterian Church, 201 South 21st Street. Attendees can select one or both programs.
- What Voice Command Devices Can Do for You, 2:00 PM, Mario Orpeza will remove the mystery and give practical tips for their use.
- Tips for Apple Cyber Seniors, 3:30 PM, Yoav Zohar will help owners of Apple products (iMac, iPad and/or iPhone) get the most from their devices.
This program is free for Penn’s Village members and volunteers. A $5 donation from other guests would be appreciated.
- · Putting Your Values on Paper, 2:00 PM, Stevens Community Center of the Lutheran Church of the Holy Communion, 2110 Sansom Street.
- • Hello, Tuesday, May 22, 2018. Janet Burnham will lead this conversation game that is a fun way to begin a meaningful conversation about living, dying and what matters most. The cost of the Hello Game is $5 for Penn’s Village members and volunteers (to cover the cost of game materials); $10 for other guests, payable at the event.
- • Ethical Will, Tuesday, May 29, 2018. Marianne Waller, a personal historian, will lead a workshop providing practical guidance in developing what is often called an ethical or spiritual will. This workshop is free for Penn’s Village members and volunteers. A $5 donation from other guests would be appreciated.
Guests are welcome to attend three Penn’s Village programs before becoming a member and/or volunteer. For all of the above Penn’s Village programs, please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 215-925 7333.